Tuesday, January 4, 2011

TAKEGAKI #1 - BEGINNER LEVEL

Takegaki, better known as "Slitherlink" is a great logic puzzle.  At first I did not like these puzzles but once I got the hang of some of the consecutive patterns between certain numbers (like 3's beside one another) I really enjoyed solving them.  It helped me a lot in the beginning to make a squiggly line on the segments that I KNEW would not be a part of the loop.

Doing the extremely large takegaki puzzle on my previous post inspired me to see if I could create my own takegaki puzzle.  The one I created is of course much smaller than the one that I posted earlier, but it will be a good puzzle for beginners...

The easiest way to do it is to save the picture to your computer and either print it or work it on "paint".

TAKEGAKI RULES:  The objective is to connect horizontally and vertically adjacent dots so that the lines form a simple loop with no loose ends. The loop cannot cross itself.  In addition, the number inside a square represents how many of its four sides are segments in the loop.  Squares without numbers in them can still have segment sides.

TAKEGAKI #1 - BEGINNER LEVEL



No comments:

Post a Comment