Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This Girl's Dream

I was going to apply for a position with David's Bridal as a bridal consultant.  I started to get excited when there was a sign on their door for hiring but the posting was not online because I knew that not a lot of people would know about the position.  My sister and I had been talking about it and how much fun it would be to help blushing brides find their perfect dress.  So I called the manager and asked about the position... BUMMER... it's only a 15 - 20 hour job as a service representative.  That's less than part-time and it's doing stuff like running the cash register and checking brides in for their appointments.  Granted there might be a better chance of moving up to be a consultant once I am already an employee, but I am not sure that 15-20 hours at just over minimum wage is worth the opportunity.  I guess I'll be keeping my eye out. 

I have been watching a lot of "Say Yes to The Dress" and "Four Weddings" and all those other little wedding TV shows since I have been home from work.  So then I got to thinking... my hair was burning.  This girl's dream is to have her own bridal boutique!!!  Wouldn't that be awesome!  I could hire my mom for alterations and pay her TONS of money!  I could hire my sister and my friends to be consultants and pay them TONS of money!  I could advertise for my dad's band for the bride's reception music and make them TONS of money!  I could do hair, makeup and nails in my boutique and make TONS of money!  I could advertise for my mom and her BFF to cater the weddings (which was their main source of income for many years) and make them TONS of money!  OOooohhh...... what a dream.... 

2 comments:

  1. And you could rent Matt out to perform the ceremonies and make TONS of money! Actually the way to really make the money is to do all this and have an awesome venue for it all to take place in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, YES, YES!!!! I could hire you to make invitations by hand and make you TONS of money!

    ReplyDelete